National Assembly Liaison and Public Relations Committee
The Committee performs the following roles:
- Liaise with the National Assembly on matters affecting the Commission and report to the Chairman or the Commission for further action.
- Maintain constant touch with developments and issues under consideration of the National and State Assemblies that may affect the work of this Commission directly or by implication.
- Specifically maintain cordial and well co-ordinated working relationship between the various relevant Committees of the National Assembly and their corresponding Committees of the Commission.
- Consider the Welfare needs of the Commissioners and give effect to them (Plenary Sessions inclusive).
- Ensure that all Visitors to the Commission are properly and respectfully hosted.
- Generally fashion out programmes, policies and activities that will boost the image of the Commission.
- Ensure regular press briefing, paid advertisements, preparation of feature articles as well as organizing press conferences.
- Prepare periodic publications, newspapers, magazines and engage in direct productions of Newsletters/Bulletins/Handbill etc.
- Take interest in the Commission’s library in ensuring relevancy in its stock of reference materials and conducive environment for study.
- Carry out any other assignment that may be given to it by the Chairman or the Commission.